Saturday 13 April 2013

Window Seat

Holiday clothes with anklet et al
Candy striped bag to rest my back on 
Legs stretched on a bed that's called a sleeper
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society to keep me company 
So begins my weekend to Goa
The window open to let all the air in 
Buses and trucks whiz past
Our tyre goes bust and a one hour stopover 
Slumber, sweet slumber
And then another stop, another tyre gives way
Slumber, sweet slumber once again
The cool night breeze ushers my holiday in 
My dreams call for yet another vacation 
A music fest in Jaisalmer
Next year perhaps
Light creeps in 
What a sight to wake up to
Bare trees shrouded in mist
I sit up to take in the wonder
Another hour of sleep 
I once again wake up to the forest
Thick with trees, with branches branching everywhere
The first sight of the shore
Fishy smells assault my senses
Going up my nose to my brain
My mouth waters at the thoguht of the fruit the sea will bear
My head moves to the right to dodge 
Some branches longer than others
Trying to poke me in the eye
Through my window
Ear phones on
Grooving to The Bare Necessities and Home and Freedom
Waiting to arrive, but not really wanting to get off 
And change the view

The window seat is my favourite place in the world
Anywhere
At my home, in a car, in class, at work
Especially on a holiday
It's my window to the world

No comments:

Post a Comment