Monday 29 April 2013

Open Road

Finally made the submission for my first assignment on Venture Labs. Just to recap, the task was to design the book cover for my autobiography. So I did, and here it is. It's meant to include my big loves in life - animals, music, books, travelling. I missed adding a little tree for the environment :(. The footsteps signify me. If I really had to write the autobiography itself, I'm guessing I'd have little sections of short stories for each of them.   




This was made using Adobe InDesign (InDesign is not as user friendly as Photoshop, and perhaps not really the best software to use to make a simple poster type thing). The images are mostly free vector images I got off the net. The font (which I absolutely love) is Curlz MT. I also love the image of the fat cat on the top right; he looks so damn smug! 

In retrospect, I wish I had paid a little more attention to detail - removed the white space from the suitcase, extended the red and the squiggly lines a bit more to the left and things like that. Would also like to figure out how the red thing happened; I honestly don't know how I did that :)

In any case, I quite like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment