Friday 5 April 2013

Comforting Sounds





So this is Comforting Sounds by Mew. Each time I listen to it, it moves me. Makes me feel a myriad of feelings. It appeals to my innermost being. 


And right now, as I listen to it for probably what is the 157th time, I realised something. This is could be my turn to piece of music for pretty much anything I find myself in the midst of. I've imagined a number of scenarios. 


If I was being tossed about by the churning waters of the sea on a rainy day, I would die happy if this was playing in the background. When I bungee jump off a really high bridge, where it takes forever for me to spring back up, it fits. In fact, the song would pick up, just as I sprang back up. If I was sobbing after a heart wrenching incident, the song would play along as if it knew exactly how I felt. When I am driving through wide open spaces, chasing a dream, this would be the very song that I played over and over again on my stereo. If I was lost in a jungle, the build-up would start just as I found the trail that would lead me back to civilisation. When I hop around on my future farm with my cats and dogs and cows and chickens, it would keep the beat. When I discover a book among a thousand, one that was written for me to read, it would fill the room. 


It is perfect right now too; I sit by my window seat, watching the trees go by as I make my way to the sea. This could be the soundtrack of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment