Thursday 7 February 2013

Dumb and Dumber


While the sweetness of doing nothing is brilliant and every day feels like a Sunday and all else that comes with being in between jobs is lovely, I have made the following observations. 


  1. All the things that you think you'll do on vacation don't get done. Still on my to be done list are the planetarium, Timbuktu, Hyderabad & Mumbai, swimming classes, driving lessons and the bane of my life - weight loss. Ah yes, look for another job as well. 
  2. My mastery over the English language has diminished. My grammar has taken a walk, my pronunciation has gotten even more regional and writing takes more time. Thank heavens my spelling, for the most part, is still superb. 
  3. Without an internet connection, the television becomes your window to the world. And the television is called an idiot box for a reason - it makes you an idiot. 
  4. I have become dumb. With every day that passes by, where i am not working and therefore not interacting with people or getting stressed or learning something new or bossing people around, I am getting dumber! 

In other news, I have officially started looking out for a job today. Wonder if it also means that this is the end of my dumbness... 

No comments:

Post a Comment