Friday 15 February 2013

Breakdown.

In my head, 27 is not an age to start feeling old and tired
It's the beginning of the rest of my life
I honestly believe that my body can still take all the abuse
4 hours of sleep, drinking till dawn, smoke after smoke, non-stop partying 
Exhaustion is only a state of the mind - I can shake it off by heading out once again
An endless cycle of 4 hours of sleep, drinking till dawn, smoke after smoke, non-stop partying 
Trip after trip after trip 
In the moment, I'm all enthu 
Then after four, five, six continuous days, I get a sign 
Either an unshakable cold or my house is a constant state of mess or sometimes a niggling reminder in my head that this is not all there is to life
So begins a small period of detox - confinement at home, the banish of intoxicants, reclusive behaviour 
Before i get back to the endless cycle once again 
It's only a while before I breakdown



No comments:

Post a Comment